Support for the Federation of Artisanal Fishermen of the Indian Ocean (FPAOI)
1. Facilitate the coordination and strengthening of the FPAOI secretariat,
2. Encourage the participation of artisanal fishermen associations in the SWIO region in regional and international forums.
3. Support a more inclusive approach to fisheries policy and management.
1. Strengthening of the capacity of the FPAOI Secretariat;
2. Statutory meetings and regional consultations;
3. Participation in regional and international key events in particular regional fisheries bodies’ meetings; and
4. A fisher exchange program among participating national fishers’ organizations through the provision of consultants’ services, training, and apprenticeships and other similar learning opportunities for the direct benefit of IDA‐eligible countries only.