Support for coordination between island developing States in Africa and the Indian Ocean (AIODIS)
To help the AIODIS countries (Cape Verde, Guinea-Bissau, São Tomé and Principe, Comoros, Mauritius, Madagascar, Maldives, and Seychelles) to collaborate and share experiences in addressing some of the particular challenges they face, such as:
- Improving the sustainable management of their vast marine territory.
- Innovation and development of their blue economy in the context of climate change.
- Concerted mobilisation of funding to address these challenges.
1. Organise high-level meetings to address issues and problems of regional interest.
2. Knowledge creation and exchange.
3. Provision of a tool for the preparation of project proposals.
AIODIS High Level Meeting: towards an effective transition to circular economy
TThe annual meeting of AIODIS (African and Indian Ocean Island Developing States), a sub component of the World Bank-funded SWIOFish2 project, was [... lire plus]
Giving a second life to ocean waste!
The ocean’s trash can be another person’s treasure... This inspiring philosophy gave two women the idea of upcycling ocean waste to create [... lire plus]
Let us try to clear the coast… from plastic pollution!
It would be a fish tale to say that our marine biodiversity does not suffer from plastic pollution… By now, it is [... lire plus]